Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wheels Up

Matt and I are off later this morning for Colombia, joining nearly 30 others from the States. You know you're excited to go when you wake 20 minutes before the alarm, and you went to sleep a good hour after when you should have. God will provide me energy ... no worries. My incredible wife, Lisa, thinks God could take some back most days, truth be told.

It's a few hours to Miami (Augusta National on your left), a couple hours to change terminals (I have my pedometer packed), then a few hours to Cali. We stay in the same time zone and should land by 7:30 PM. The city has 2.2 million people and is almost 500 years old. Factoid of the Day ... Cali is short for Santago de Cali, and "Santiago" is Spanish for James ... who we may talk about when sharing the Gospel during the next week.

Our scripture for today is Psalm 27. It starts with "The Lord is my light and my salvation; he protects me from danger - whom shall I fear?"

David started this writing in high spirits, but in 27:7 we hear, "Listen to my pleading, Lord! Be merciful and send the help I need." Matt and I know we will be tested this week. We will feel the presence of the Lord more than ever at our side, but we'll wonder where He is at some point when we're struggling, weak, and in panic mode when our trip is not going as planned.

God provided the path through David in 27:14. He always does. "Don't be impatient. Wait for the Lord, and he will come and save you! Be brave, stout-hearted and courageous."

Good words, indeed.

Dave

1 comment:

  1. Praying you both experience the abundant courage and guidance from our Father. Be available, be loving, and be patient. God is in control!

    ReplyDelete