Friday, April 9, 2010

Almost...

Less that 12 hours from the flight to Miami and ultimately Cali, Colombia now...

This week has been extremely hectic for me. I've traveled to New York City for four days, saw a Broadway play and a Mets' game in my down time between meetings and training a new employee. Tuesday night, as I walked through Times Square, I began really reflecting on this coming trip to Colombia. With all of the noise, lights and people in that place at that moment, I finally found time to focus on where I'll be tomorrow night. My mind also wondered off to the small simple "homes" of the Colombians I met last time. Dirt floors, old sheets for doors, maybe some running water, maybe not. As I looked around at all the advertising along Broadway and 7th Avenue, I was truly impressed about the excess we have here and how greedy we are for more. There - not even close to that. They are greedy, but they are greedy for hope, love, friendship, relationship, family, laughter, and again love.

I'm ready to go now. I know that the Holy Spirit will guide my words, I'm not smart enough to do Him justice. I know Jesus will protect my path, His light will show me where to go. I know His Word will tell the story, my voice will just be the broadcast. I know God will show off this week. I'm blessed that He lets me see it and be a part of it in a small way.

Pray for hearts to be softened and that the people will be looking for Him. We're willing to tell the story, we just need an audience.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment